Thursday 27 July 2017

#SDC278 - Use Some Kind of Tape - Week 2

Phew! It's ages since I have posted, in fact, since May I have taken a bit of a break from Stampotique challenges as I have been busy with work, painting commissions and co-ordinating a whole school art project to paint a huge mural at my school.
I am now on school hols, so I may have a bit of time to play and join in with the challenges...(between keeping my four children entertained!)
Firstly, I have  confession....I have never used Washi tape before (shock, horror!)
The only Washi tape that I owned came in job lot of crafty bits I purchased a while ago.
Being a red candy stripe design, the Washi tape, immediately made me think of Christmas, so it was the perfect excuse to use my newly purchased 'Chilly' by Jo Capper-Sandon.
  I stamped 'Chilly' using aqua markers onto watercolour card and painted it using aqua markers mixed with sparkle pen to give a lovely subtle glitter effect to the snow.
I then added three strips of Washi tape, then over stamped at the top with Daniel Torrente's  'Hanging Hearts.' I painted these in aqua markers again, then used glossy accents on them and Chilly's buttons to make them stand out.
For the blue background, I used a piece of gelli plate art, which I create ages ago using metallic blue paint. I used Kate Crane's 'Doodle cube', to stamp random snowflakes, which I then embossed with Snowflake embossing powder.
Finally, I layered up my card, using a Washi tape border on top of my card and adding a stamped Christmas sentiment.
I really enjoyed making this and will definitely seek out some  more Washi tape, I have also made my first Christmas card...how organised!!

11 comments:

  1. SO glad you were able to join us again, and also glad you got to use Washi! I am a washi addict. It is a problem I am okay with, hehe. Additionally, I could use some snow in this 110 degree heat! Thanks for playing along with Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, we only have rain here😕
      I loved using washi tape...it may well become my new obsession.xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Love your card ! So beautiful! Thank you for joining us again at the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    x Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are 'back'. Love your card. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Maria <3
    Such an amazing card - love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! Thanks for joining the Stampotique Challenge! xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful Christmas card! Thanks for joining the Stampotique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! love how you used the tape
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this so much!!
    Thanks for joining The Stampotique Challenge.
    xoxo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's Chilly!! Awwww he looks fabulous amongst all the tape. Christmas in July. Love it- great to see you again.Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique x

    ReplyDelete