Wednesday 10 May 2017

It's Raining Men

I have based this weeks challenge piece around the theme of that well known 80's classic 
'It's Raining Men'
The 'men' are stamped onto shrink plastic, which I coloured with blue pencil, then cut into raindrop shapes prior to heating with my heat gun to shrink them.
I stamped 'Relaxin' onto watercolour card, then masked it off with masking fluid, which I also splattered onto the background and used for the puddle.
I used distress oxides for the background with lots of water, to create dribble effects.
I used a raindrop stamp (Designs By Ryn) to complete the background and blended each one with a little water.
I then unmasked my image and painted it using hickory smoke distress ink. 
Finally I added a few shadows and lines with a black fine-liner, stuck on my 'mendrops' and added my sentiment.

'It' Raining Men'


Close up of raindrops in shrink plastic.

8 comments:

  1. Totally love this Maria <3 Awesome!!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the idea. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely brilliant! Time to get MY shrink plastic out! WOW! Thank you for playing along with Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project ! Thanks for playing along with us...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous muted colours and super design! Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge again! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. "mendrops"...LOL...love it! What a genius piece, Maria. I know what song I'll be humming this morning. ;) Thanks for joining us again at the SDC blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Beautiful muted washed out colours
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Idea to use shrink plastic to create the rain drops with the men!! Great piece!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Stampotique Originals Designers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete